Multifaceted Educational Philosophy:
- Our approach is based on The Creative Curriculum® philosophy which encourages hands-on, play-based learning responsive to the whole child
- Teaching Strategies GOLD® assessment, observation, and conferencing components
- BK-ECC BENCHMARKS were designed to address all developmental areas to guide planning for ages 18 months to 5 years and are used in conjunction with Teaching Strategies GOLD® Objectives for Development & Learning
- Kindergarten Readiness Program is aligned with MCPS & MSDE Expectations
- Get Set for School by Handwriting Without Tears® Literacy and Math Curriculum
- Handwriting Without Tears® Letter Formation Instruction (capital and lowercase) taught in small groups in our literacy lab
- Location adjacent to beautiful Rock Creek Park allows for hikes, nature walks and unlimited exploration opportunities just steps from the ECC!
- Outdoor Environment is an extension of the classroom where learning is encouraged
- Multicultural music, art and theatrical learning opportunities are provided through a grant by Maryland Arts in Education.
- Our children, families and educators are part of our cohesive and nurturing ECC family.
- Our Director engages with the children daily and is supportive to staff and families.
- Our close-knit community allows the children to feel comfortable with all of our staff members and in any room of our ECC facility
- We respect and welcome children, parents and staff from many different cultures into our ECC family.
- We have an open door policy
- We offer flexible days and hours to accommodate your family’s scheduling needs
- Open 7 a.m. - 6 p.m.; CORE hours 9 a.m. - 1 p.m.
- YOU CHOOSE: 3, 4 or 5 days M-F for ages 18 mo. - 3 yrs. (Pre-K 5 days only)
- YOU CHOOSE: Early Drop, Extended Day, Late Stay for one, two or more days
- Add on additional hours as needed for Early Drop, Extended Day or Late Stay
- We are here to accommodate your child’s care and education to your schedule
For more information or to schedule a tour:
Ongoing Admissions -- Limited Spaces Available